Psychotropic Medication 2 Reagent set
- 9-OH-risperidone (paliperidone)
At a glance
- Matrix: Serum
- Technique: LC-MS/MS
- Internal Standard: Olanzapine D3,Clozapine D4, Haloperidol D4, Quetiapine D8, Risperidon D4, 9-OH-risperidon D4, Aripiprazole D8
Included in kit (300 assays)
- 4071 CAL P PS2, Calibrator Set (Calibrator 1 – 6), 6 x 2 x 500 μl
- 4079 P PS2, Internal Standard, 3 x 2.5 ml
- 4080 P PS2, Deproteinization Solution, 3 x 40 ml
- 4084 P PS2, Mobile Phase I, 2 x 250 ml
- 4085 P PS2, Mobile Phase II, 2 x 250 ml
- 4086 P PS2, Autosampler washing solution, 1 x 1000 ml
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) is based on the assumption that there is a relationship between the blood concentration and clinical effect (therapeutic improvement and adverse effects). It also assumes there is a concentration range of the drug which is characterized by maximal effectiveness and maximal safety, the “therapeutic window”.
The Diagnotix kit for measuring antipsychotics includes aripiprazole, olanzapine, risperidone (including the metabolite 9-OH-risperidone, also paliperidone), quetiapine, haloperidol, and clozapine.
The antipsychotics are used for the treatment of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, moderate to severe manic episodes, bipolar disorder, treatment of persistent aggression and psychotic symptoms in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's dementia, psychosis during the course of Parkinson's disease, acute treatment of delirium, treatment of tic disorders including Tourette's syndrome, and treatment of mild to moderate chorea in Huntington's disease